Schyler Norton 4/8/11
Post Immersion Blog
The first place we went ghost hunting was the Farnsworth house. We were split into two groups. My group went to the basement first. The guy told ghost stories to us and he was really funny. I was really scared though because he told us about all the dead bodies that were found in the house. I was holding Kendal and Taylor’s hands really tight. The guy told us about some of the ghosts in the house like a little 8 year old boy who would play tricks on people. He also told us about some of the experiences he had and some that people had told him about. He believed in ghosts and actually kind of made me believe. After that we went up to the attic where we got an introduction to ghost hunting, like what kind of equipment we would use and what we may encounter. After that we went out into the woods where we tried to communicate with some ghosts. We didn’t actually hear a voice or anything but, we used the heat scanner to look for cold spots and we found some so there could’ve been a ghost there.
The next place we went ghost hunting was the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. There we were put into our groups from Friday, which meant I was with Alex. We stayed together the whole time. The first place we went was the children’s ward where we did a couple flash light sessions and saw an orb on the floor. The guide said we were communicating with a five year old girl she had been talking to for the last two weeks or so. The ghost seamed to like Mr. Powell a lot. The next place we went was the most violent men’s and women’s ward. That was really scary because the guide told us about how two of the patients had joined together to kill another. We tried to communicate with the guy who was killed. When we were on our way out we asked if there was anyone with us and if there was could they make a loud noise. I did not want them to make a loud noise because I would like to believe that ghosts aren’t real so I can sleep at night. After that someone thought they heard “get out” and so we were about to when Alex moved her flashlight thought it was a ghost and screamed and in turn I also screamed. A lot. After that we went to the fourth floor where the drug addicts and alcoholics were. It was really scary because everyone thought they heard something but Alex and I didn’t hear anything. Then we went to the civil war wing. Alex, Emma, Miss. Sirri and I skipped that part.
The first historical place we went was Philadelphia, which was really cool we saw the Liberty Building and went to the Ben Franklin museum. After that we went on a tour of the battle of Gettysburg. It was pretty interesting. We learned about where the troops came in from and why they did what they did. It was really historical. My favorite place we went to was Pittsburgh that was a lot of fun. Our tour guide was really funny. He took us to the culture classrooms where each room portrayed a different culture. We also went on the Duquesne Incline, which was really scary, but pretty fun. We learned how it operated and stuff like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment