Monday, April 25, 2011

We heard different sounds but nothing that clearly told us that ghosts exist.

Kendal Smith

We just got back from our ghost hunting immersion yesterday. They trip was a total of 4 days and 3 nights. My favorite part of the trip was definitely The Farnsworth House. I liked the Farnsworth House more than the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum because of the story telling in the basement. The man who told the stories was hilarious. I just liked the environment of the Farnsworth House more than Trans-Allegheny. 

The first day that we left for the trip we had to get to Park at 6:30 a.m. I was so tired the morning that we left. I was the second person to arrive at Park. We left Park at approximately 7 in the morning. It took about 2 and a half hours to get to Corning. While we were there we went to the Corning Museum of Glass. I really liked the shows that we saw there. We watched a glass breaking demonstration and a glass making demonstration. After eating lunch we later departed Corning to travel to Philadelphia. We went to Jims Steaks for dinner and I had a hamburger. We swam at our hotel that night but the water was really cold so I didn’t stay in the water very long.

The second day we took a tour of Philadelphia. We had to be downstairs at 8:30 for breakfast. We later met our tour guide who was named Miranda. The tour was really depressing because it was raining the entire time. I thought that it was really cool that we saw the Liberty Bell. We also stopped at Independence Hall. The tour lasted about 3 hours. We stopped at the Philadelphia Art Museum and everyone ran up the stairs of the building. I didn’t understand why people were doing that until someone explained that it was from a movie (Rocky). We drove to Gettysburg and checked into the Days Inn. We had dinner at Tommy’s Pizza but I didn’t eat much because I didn’t feel good. We went to the Farnsworth House that night to go ghost hunting and listen to ghost stories. I loved that Farnsworth House. I liked how we got to go ghost hunting with a small group of our friends alone in the woods. We did get some readings on the K2 meter and on the temperature reader.

The third day we took a tour of Gettysburg. I liked the tour a lot because I learned a lot about the battle. This is where I took most of my pictures. I thought the view from the top of the hill was amazing. I did not realize how truly large the battlefield was. I learned a lot about the details of the battle like how many people died. I definitely learned different stories about the Civil War and how there were snipers shooting from the houses of the civilians of Gettysburg. We drove to West Virginia that night to go to The Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. We didn’t check into our hotel until 10:45 at night. We checked into the Holiday Inn Express. That was definitely my favorite hotel. I was in Mr. Deitzer’s group for ghost hunting. We heard a loud crash after we asked the ghosts a question. 

On the fourth day I just wanted to go home. I was very tired. I did think the tour of Pittsburgh was interesting though. I was skeptical on whether ghosts actually existed or not. I do not feel any differently after the trip. There was nothing that clearly showed me that ghosts exist. We heard different sounds but nothing that clearly told us that ghosts exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment