Monday, April 25, 2011

...I saw a shadow pass right in front of me.

Jon McMahon

On the immersion tour of the asylum my group started on the third floor, where our guide gave us some history about the place. We went to the cages where they washed down the patients, then we went to a room to do a flash light session. A flash light session is when you put down a flash that is just touch to turn on, then you ask the ghost a question then ask if the answer is yes to turn on the light. None of this happened in either of the rooms the our guide took us, until he said that if there is somone in our group that strongly does not believe in the ghost, that was me, i did think anything would happen. So I kept an open mind and later on the tour I saw a shadow pass right in front of me. My group was going into a room and I was always in the back which is the worst spot to be, but I got the chance to actually see a ghost. Although what could have happened, since I was keeping an open mind and started to want to see a ghost, in the dark there is not much to see, so mabye what I wanted to see appeared in my mind and it wasn't actually there. 

On the history side of things, I liked at the museum of glass of all the different types of glass and how glass is made and how it was made. The most interesting was how Ford, the car company, came to the museum for a new glass that does not shatter. Although the museum did not come up with the idea of putting a thin piece of plastic that stuck to both glass pieces, that made it stronger and made it shatter resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment