Monday, April 25, 2011

...we all heard a second crash, which came from above us, where no one was supposed to be.

Rachel Klementowski

Before the trip, I did not believe in ghosts. Now I'm not sure. Everything that happened has a possible explanation, but some of them are not likely to have happened or been done. My group mostly got responses during the flashlight sessions, where you ask a ghost yes or no questions and they respond by turning on or off the light. We got results from sessions in Lilly’s room, the original kitchen, and in the children’s wing. We also got responses from the K2 meter, which measures electromagnetic fields, and the copper rods, which are attracted to ghosts’ energy. 

When we were in the Trans- Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in the children’s wing, we all heard a big crash come from down the hall. Our guide, Copperhead, went to investigate. He heard whistling coming from the center of the hallway, where none of us were. When he came back, we all heard a second crash, which came from above us, where no one was supposed to be. I don’t know what could have made these sounds, possibly something falling and the wind coming through the windows, but I’m not sure. I also do not know what could have been turning on and off the flashlights during our sessions. 

The historical part of our trip was interesting too. I especially liked the cyclorama. I have never seen anything like it before. It was cool how they reenacted the battle with lights and cannon and shooting sounds. I think the people in the battle must have been very brave to fight in a war like the Civil War. I also enjoyed the tour, where our tour guide showed us a lot of monuments around the battlefield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment