Monday, April 25, 2011

We had a conversation with a few ghosts, heard footsteps.

Liana

Over the past four days we have traveled from Buffalo, New York to Pennsylvania to West Virginia. Our first stop was Corning Museum of Glass. When we got there we got organized into groups and assigned a guide. Then we were given a tour of the museum. It was very interesting. After the tour we learned how they make the glass objects. Then we ate lunch and headed back to the bus. After that it was a very long ride to Philadelphia. The bus ride was very boring. When we finally arrived at Jim’s Steak in Philly we were all famished. When we got off the bus it was beautiful out! It was 75 degrees and very sunny. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. After eating we headed to the hotel. Once we put our stuff away we got to go swimming. It was so much fun! It was so warm there that the ceiling windows over the pool retracted so there wasn’t any roof. I had a great time! The next day we got a tour of Philly. We saw the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin’s house and grave, Independence Hall and so many other wonderful historic sites. The only bad part of the tour was the fact that it was a walking tour and it was pouring out. The wind and rain were so strong that when I tried to use my umbrella it snapped backwards! After the walk we got on the bus and started to drive to Gettysburg. On the way we stopped for lunch and I had an amazing chocolate gelato. When we arrived we went to Tommy’s Pizzeria and had an amazing dinner. Then we walked over to the Farnsworth House for our first ghost hunt of the trip. I had so much fun! We started in the attic and while we were there the door kept unlatching itself and opening. Then in the woods we got some EVP’s and stuff. When we went to the basement we heard some breathing, saw orbs, and I saw a face in the exact spot and at the same time our teacher got a picture of an orb! After that wonderfully fun and scary tour we headed back to the hotel. The next day we woke up and headed to the battlefield for a tour of the place where a legendary battle took place. While there we saw the largest oil painting in the world. It was huge! After that we drove to West Virginia. We stopped at the Hickory House Barbeque. The food was amazing! I think it was my favorite meal on the whole trip. After that we went to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, or the TALA for short. There we had a conversation with a few ghosts, heard footsteps, and heard whispering. My favorite part of that trip was when we asked, “Do you want us to leave?” And at the very end of the word “leave” the flashlight turned on full-force and we hightailed it out of there! On our last day we got up and headed back to Pennsylvania. We went to Pittsburgh on the day the Packers were playing. We even saw the blimp! We got a tour of the National Classrooms and got to ride the Duquesne Incline, which was a little scary because I don’t like heights. Our guide, Woody, told us a creepy ghost story too. At the end of that we climbed back on the bus and headed for home. We arrived back at Park around 10:05. 

I did believe in ghosts before the trip and I still do. Some of the evidence we got backs up my beliefs. I had a wonderful time and wish we could do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment